Scout Adventures is coming to Scotland
We are really excited to announce that from 1 September, our Activity Centres at Lochgoilhead, Meggernie and Fordell Firs will join the Scout Adventures network.
With 12 activity centres throughout the UK, Scout Adventures is now one of the largest providers of adventure and outdoor learning in the UK.
Graham Haddock, Chief Commissioner of Scotland:
“We are delighted to have the opportunity to join the Scout Adventures network of centres. This is fantastic news for our members who will now have greater access to a range of outdoor adventure support.”
As a member of Scout Adventures we will be able to:
- Give you, our members, access to a fantastic range of activity centres across the whole of the UK
- Build our capacity to deliver even more camps and activities thanks to support from a wider network of volunteers
- Improve our booking processes with the implementation of a new system including online booking for courses and training
- Have a bigger, stronger voice in the outdoor learning sector
- Continue to deliver the very best standards in safety.
Neil Baird, Centre Manager at Lochgoilhead, said:
“We have an exciting opportunity to work together to share best practice and develop new ideas. This venture will help us to elevate our position in the marketplace and open up access to our Scottish centres to all of UK Scouting.”
Our Activity Centres are still owned and operated by Scouts Scotland. You’ll still be looked after by the same staff teams and enjoy the same experiences and activities.
From 1 September, you’ll find information about our centres on the Scout Adventures website, but you can still contact the centres directly to discuss and book your camp requirements.
If you have any more questions about what our partnership with Scout Adventures means for you and your group, download our FAQs.