Survival Skills at Meggernie
- When 23 Mar 2018 20:30 To 25 Mar 2018 14:00
- Where Meggernie, Glenlyon, Perthshire
- PH15 2PT
- Cost £40
- Email Warden@meggernie.org.uk
About the event
Channel your inner Bear Grylls, and learn all the skills you need to look after yourself in the outdoors with Scouts from all over Scotland. You will:
- Learn loads of new skills, meeting the requirements for the Scout Survival Skills Activity Badge.
- Spend one night in a shelter you will build yourself, and the other in a tent provided and erected by Meggernie staff.
- Cook some of your own meals.
- Cover the Stage 3 of the Emergency Aid Staged Activity Badge, time and weather permitting.
Who can come?
Meggernie’s Survival Skills camp is for Scouts aged 12 and over. Scouts taking part need to have a minimum of two nights experience camping under canvas and a knowledge of Emergency Aid up to level 2 or above. Places are limited to six per Troop.
What should I bring?
Scouts will be given a kit list at the time of booking to make sure they get the most out of their weekend. You will definitely need to bring a survival bag, an orange plastic one will be fine.
Food and tents are provided by the centre.
Please complete a booking form and send it to Meggernie along with payment of £40 per person.