Survival Skills at Meggernie
- When 15 Mar 2019 20:30 To 17 Mar 2019 14:00
- Where Meggernie, Glenlyon, Perthshire
- PH15 2PT
- Cost £42
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the event
Channel your inner Bear Grylls, and learn all the skills you need to look after yourself in the outdoors with Scouts from all over Scotland. You will:
- Learn loads of new skills, meeting the requirements for the Scout Survival Skills Activity Badge.
- Spend one night in a shelter you will build yourself, and the other in a tent provided and erected by Meggernie staff.
- Cook some of your own meals.
- Cover the Stage 3 of the Emergency Aid Staged Activity Badge, time and weather permitting.
Who can come?
Meggernie’s Survival Skills camp is for Scouts aged 12 and over. Scouts taking part need to have a minimum of two nights experience camping under canvas and a knowledge of Emergency Aid up to level 2 or above. Places are limited to six per Troop.
What should I bring?
Scouts will be given a kit list at the time of booking to make sure they get the most out of their weekend. You will definitely need to bring a survival bag, an orange plastic one will be fine.
Food and tents are provided by the centre.
Please complete a booking form and send it to Meggernie along with payment of £42 per person.