Outdoors and Adventure conference 2019
- When 8 Mar 2019 19:00 To 10 Mar 2019 15:00
- Where Lochgoilhead Shelter Park Argyll
- PA24 8AQ
- Cost £30 (Places are subsidised - full cost of £150 will be charged in event of cancellation unless the place can be filled.)
About the event
Following a very successful Outdoors and Adventure Conference in 2018, we are delighted to host a second conference at Scout Adventures Lochgoilhead on 8-10 March 2019.
This event is for adults Leaders from all over Scotland who would like to develop the skills to provide the very best outdoor adventure experiences for young people.
This is a great opportunity for adult leaders to make progress towards permits and qualifications, develop their skills and be introduced to new possibilities. Guests of 2018's conference are invited to return to build on the work they achieved last year, but we hope to welcome lots of new faces too.
Guests will be provided with indoor accommodation, all meals and evening entertainment on both evenings.
Throughout the weekend, we’ll be running courses in a diverse range of adventurous activities, giving you the opportunity to develop the skills and in some cases achieve the appropriate permits or qualifications to be able to lead groups of young people. Not all courses will result in a permit recommendation or qualification by the end of the weekend.
We have courses for beginners as well as courses aimed at intermediate and advanced levels. Some courses will run all weekend whilst others will be for a full day. Participants who do a full-day course will also have the opportunity to book a half-day introductory course on Sunday morning to complete the weekend.
Please have a look at the course descriptions for more information on each course. Once you have booked your place on the course, you will be asked to book your specific course. Places on courses are limited, available first come first served and cannot be guaranteed.
We’re offering the following courses:
- Introduction to Paddlesports
- British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue
- British Canoeing Paddlesports Leader
- Archery Scout Permit
- Scottish Orienteering Intro Orienteering
- Introduction to Mountain Biking
- Mountain Biking Development
- Teaching Bushcraft
- Introduction to Climbing/ High Ropes
- Climbing Scout Permit
- Climbing Development
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Expedition Assessor
- Hillwalking Development
- Hillwalking Winter Skills
- Tomahawk Throwing
- Navigation Training
- Introduction to Scouting Skills
- Introduction to Sailing (Powerboating)
Costs and booking
This conference costs £30 to attend as it is being heavily subsidised by Scouts Scotland. The actual cost is £150 and this amount would be payable in the event of cancellation and us being unable to fill the cancelled place. Accommodation, food, courses and instruction are included, but guests will need to fund their own travel arrangements to and from Scout Adventures Lochgoilhead.