Basic Introduction to Bushcraft
- When 25 Jun 2017 09:00 To 25 Jun 2017 16:00
- Where Fordell Firs National Activity Centre Hillend, Dunfermline, Fife
- KY11 7HQ
- Cost Free
- Email email@example.com
About the event
Are you new to Scouting and looking to develop your outdoors skills? Or are you starting out as a Leader and keen to lead your first camp? We’ve got funding to run two basic bushcraft training days to help get you started.
Spend a fun day at Fordell Firs National Activity Centre learning how to build a shelter from scratch and how to start a fire safely. Our outdoor experts will guide you through the process from start to finish and will be on hand to answer any of your questions.
The course runs from 9am to 4pm and we’re running courses on Saturday 24 June and Sunday 25 June, so you can choose which one you'd like to attend . Each course has a maximum of 24 places.
The course is fully funded so places are free. Participants should bring a packed lunch.
9:00am Welcome, Introductions and briefing of the day
- What to look for when selecting a location for a shelter – the 5 Ws
- Different types of shelters (to include building): The Lean-to, A-frames, Tarps
- Risk assessment of shelter building & control measures.
The six methods of fire starting:
- Fire Lays
You'll also look at:
- How to reduce the impact of fire – Leave no Trace
- Risk assessment of fires & control measures
How to book
Call or email Fordell Firs National Activity Centre to book your place.